Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Stockings Were Hung by the Chimney with Care.......

A couple of months ago, I got an email from a friend at church asking if I could make Christmas stockings. I eagerly sent back my reply, "Sure!" I had wanted to make some for my family anyway, and this would just get me started on down that path. See, she had ordered a set of stockings for her family in the 2008 Christmas season, and she LOVED them! Then, in January, they got a special delivery - they were able to adopt another little baby boy! When my friend started pulling out the Christmas decorations, she realized poor little Graham didn't have a stocking!

She sent me this pic from the site where she bought them and said she would bring me the ones she had so that I could make some more to match, since this particular style had been discontinued. She brought me the felt and everything, even some little pom poms for the tips. I managed to get a couple of them done before Christmas, with just enough time to take it across town to get Graham's name monogrammed so he could hang it up for Santa ;)
I finally got around to the last one today. (She wanted extras to have one hand, just in case....) I really like the way this last one turned out - maybe I will get ours done sometime this year....

1 comment: