Monday, October 19, 2009

Finally!



This blanket has been on my to-do list for a while. I finally finished it Monday just before we went to pick up my son from school, so I had it in his seat waiting for him. I had hoped to get it done by his 5th birthday, which was the 11th, but like most of my intentions, it just didn't happen, because there simply aren't enough hours in the day to carry out all the things I have on my mind!

Anyway, this was a specific request by my son. He wanted a John Deere blanket, and he chose the backing (which I forgot to take a picture of) - green satin, and he said that he wanted those ribbons on the edge, even though I tried to convince him that it would look better without them, but he wanted them b/c his little brother's blanket has them. You know, what one has, they both have to have....sigh...

In case you are having a hard time figuring out what all those ribbons are in the brown minky dot "field", I tried to represent peanuts, mostly due to the fact that my son is absolutely glued together with peanut butter (he has to have a PB&J at least once a day). The "sky" is blue flannel, and I cut out the tractor from some fleece fabric scraps lying around here (I know, I took a shortcut, but like I said, I was hoping to get it done sorta close to his birthday, and I missed it anyway.... ) I wanted the blanket to be big enough to last him a few years, so I added a border of John Deere fabric all the way around, and I really like how it "frames" it.

Hope he has many cozy memories with his John Deere blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment