Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ribbon Tree Blankie



It has taken me a while, but I finally managed to get around to translating one of those ideas I have in my head into an actual product!

I was looking for a way to decorate a blankie with ribbons that stick out beyond the edge, but not have "tags" in the outer seam. And here it is!

I sketched out my design a few weeks ago, and then one day I cut out a pattern, and then another day, I cut out the tree....anyway, you get the picture....I finally just sat down this morning and made it. A lot of the ideas I have get pushed down further and further down the list when there's no particular deadline associated with it, because no knows it's there except me.

I like this blue swirly sky background fabric because it makes me think that there is a little wintry nip in the air, even though all visible signs are of autumn. I used "fall" colors, so the overall scheme is vibrant enough for a baby, but still accurate enough to portray a tree!

1 comment:

  1. I love that ribbon tree. Haven't seem anything like it. You are very creative!!! it's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete