Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Deadlines

Why is it that I work best when faced with a deadline? I have known about this baby shower that I went to last night for a month, yet what was I doing in the last possible minutes? Sewing, of course!

This baby shower is kind of unique, though. In our Whispers of Hope group (a part of Women on Mission, or WMU in prior terminology) at church, there were something like a dozen or so babies due during this year, the first of which was born in July, most of the babies are second or third in the families, but a few first timers. Anyway, there was a shower for the first 3 babies of this group back in June, to which I brought each a ribbon ball. Then there were the twins who came 2 months early for a first-time Mommy who got her own shower on my son's birthday (and I will get my gifts to you soon, April, I promise!) Then last night's shower was for the 2nd set of 3 mamas. Man, that makes me dizzy just thinking about it!

I don't know why I didn't get around to making these gifts earlier with plenty of time to spare, except that I just couldn't decide on an idea and stick to it.

So, here is what I finally came up with in the eleventh hour:

-for a little baby boy who is being born into a University of Florida fanatic family (his mommy has already requested a similar one for big brother, who didn't want to let go of this one!)
-for a little baby girl who will have 2 older brothers
-for another little baby girl who will also have 2 older brothers!
Maybe I will be better prepared for the next shower, but knowing me, probably not!

I hope to have some of these in my Etsy shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment